Solved! SD picture storage.

Chickencore

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Hey there. I have an Alcatel 7 and am running Android version 8.1.0. I'd like to know how I can set my SD card as the default location for all my download, camera, and screenshot pictures. I've already checked to see if I could do this in the gallery settings and there's no option. I also went into storage and there wasn't even a "three dot" menu there. Thank you.

Solution
Well that '3 dot menu' is for turning the card into "Internal" rather than "External" storage (which is what it is normally) so that one can run apps from a card. Not what you are trying to do.

You need to go into the "Camera" app and into its settings. Then change the location the files are saved to from the phone to the card. You would need to do the same in any other app you download images through. So say your browser. You would have to go into the browser and then access its settings and change the download location.

Just remember, in cases of apps like the browser, when you change the location for downloads, you are changing it for all downloads done through that particular app.
Well that '3 dot menu' is for turning the card into "Internal" rather than "External" storage (which is what it is normally) so that one can run apps from a card. Not what you are trying to do.

You need to go into the "Camera" app and into its settings. Then change the location the files are saved to from the phone to the card. You would need to do the same in any other app you download images through. So say your browser. You would have to go into the browser and then access its settings and change the download location.

Just remember, in cases of apps like the browser, when you change the location for downloads, you are changing it for all downloads done through that particular app.

Solution