SDcard data missing after intlling apps in th card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dostbhaskar

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
I have tab (no sim) with ICS.I inserted SD card (with some pdf files) into it and accessedthe card. After that installed app2sd.With this app I installed "talking tomcat" into the SD card. After that i can not acces those pdf files in the card. Both android and win7 cannot find those pdf files. Please help.
Thanks in advance.

BKM

inzone

Splendid
You have to be careful with the type of files that you load onto an SD card if your going to use it in different devices. The Pdf files were they loaded by a computer or another device ? Could you access the pdf files before you loaded these other files ? If the tablet did not recognize the pdf files then they may have written over them not knowing that they were there.

dostbhaskar

Distinguished
May 3, 2011

Sorry for the late response.Actual sequence is like this:
1> Got the above said TAB which is budget one and had very less internal memory.
2> Took out 8 GB sd card (class4) from my phone and mounted on WIN7. Cut-Paste all the data to PC.
3> Then from PC copied some PDFs, Office file,Mp3,MKVs into the SD card.Total 3-4 GBs.
4> Tested each file in the TAB and all were accessible and working fine.
5> Then downloaded an app named "Apps2sd" from play store.
6> Using this app Moved some other apps to Sd card. It was successful.
7> Ran all those apps from sd card and found they were working ok.
8> Switch off the tab.
9> After one day when switched on the tab and tryed to access the files from sd card,nothing was there.
10> checked from system setting on the tab: the card was showing 128mb only.
11> tried to mount it on win 7 it was showing it needs to be formatted. tryed but format failed.
12> Tried to low level format using 3 free tools.All failed.
13> Again tried in win7 but no way.

dostbhaskar

Distinguished
May 3, 2011

The particular app I downloaded is
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devankit.mapps2sd

Now I need to know if the SD card can be irreversibly damaged by this app? How can I recover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.