Searching for Hybrid 2 in 1 Laptop with SSHD or Hybrid Hard drive 14-16 inches and 4-8 GB RAM.

Funanori

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
I have searched several times online for a hybrid/tablet/ 2 in 1 type laptop that fits my specifications to no avail. the answers and results I keep getting do not seem to be accurate and I can never cross verify them. For example on one search filter I used found that the ASUS T500LN is the only laptop that fits my specifications, but I could not cross verify it using search filters from other websites, even from the ASUS website itself it made no mention of a hybrid hard drive for the aforementioned model. Any definitive answers or advice would be highly appreciated, thank you.

Solution
Yeah, sorry. I looked around, but couldn't really find anything fitting exactly. The Asus Q502LA is on sale from Best Buy right now for $699, which comes with a 15.6" 1080p IPS display You could get that and slap in a true SSD if you wanted to. It shouldn't have all the hoops to jump through like the TP500L with warranty void stickers.

I've been working on a this site listing options in this category lately.

Construkt

Estimable
Mar 14, 2014
Yeah, sorry. I looked around, but couldn't really find anything fitting exactly. The Asus Q502LA is on sale from Best Buy right now for $699, which comes with a 15.6" 1080p IPS display You could get that and slap in a true SSD if you wanted to. It shouldn't have all the hoops to jump through like the TP500L with warranty void stickers.

I've been working on a this site listing options in this category lately.

Solution

Funanori

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
If that is the case would I be able to install an SSD into any 2 in 1 Laptop? I am so surprised that almost any online search filter hasn't been able to pinpoint what I am looking for. Unfortunately (in this case) I live in Japan so despite having the best technology in the world, the language barrier leaves me unable to get local expert advice. Asus support on Amazon told me the following "ASUS ZENBOOK UX32VD and it has hybrid drive capability. Also we have it with ASUS K551LN" however upon further research, I found that only the k551LN is a 2-1 and that none of the information I found upon further investigation gave me any evidence of it having a Hybrid hard drive, all I can seem to find is that it has a 1TB Hard drive which is honestly more storage than I need (I'd rather not pay for features that I am not going to get any value from) Once again I highly appreciate your advice in the matter.

Construkt

Estimable
Mar 14, 2014
No problem at all.

I'd say to skip the HSSD, and to get a Yoga 3 or something with an SSD in it, then just keeping an HDD in an enclosure on the side for extra storage if you'd ever need it. You should be able to get one with a 256GB SSD for a reasonable price.

Funanori

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015

Is it possible to install an SSD hard drive into any computer I want? I was wrong it seems- ASUS 2 in 1 style doesn't seem to have a hybrid had drive at all, HP however does (according to best buy,the 15-c001dx is the only hybrid laptop with a hybrid hard drive) - If I can't find any other model or brand I will likely go with HP, I don't know if best buy is speaking for the whole market or for their inventory only. It seems that Lenovo Yoga brand only has SSD or MHD exclusively (as opposed to hybrids) please correct me if I am wrong, the only thing I am really ambiguous about is about much memory I will need which is why I want to avoid an exclusively SSD hard drive. This is the only 2 in 1 laptop that I have found so far that has the Hybrid hard drive, however it is unfortunately missing some components and is detachable instead of fold able... HP ENVY 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core M - 8GB Memory - 516GB Hybrid Hard Drive 15-c001dx. The 15-c010dx and the 15-c011dx models seem to offer more memory and fold able style laptops and also more diverse USB options (3.0 and 2.0 instead of only 3.0 with the 001dx model.) any clarification or other information is always highly appreciated! -my sincerest gratitude.