Segway Owner Dies in Freak Segway Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
How fast do those things go, I hardly believe he didn't have time to react or step off it.

+1 for Darwin award.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Lewis57[/nom]How fast do those things go, I hardly believe he didn't have time to react or step off it. +1 for Darwin award.[/citation]

At his age he probably already has children so he is disqualified from the Darwin Awards

meat81

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
He is an older guy, i dont think his reflexes were that quick. Probably wanted to either save his segway or the cliff came up very abruptly.

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Well when you hype your product as something that will "revolutionize the way cities are built" and then your product only slightly appeals to a small audience I can see them accidentally riding the product off a cliff. I really hope that is not the case but I do find it hard to believe you could not jump off a Segway if its about to go over a cliff.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
....and...cue the inveitable and predictable mainstream media response with alarmist headlines:

"SEGWAY COMPANY OWNER KILLED IN SEGWAY ACCIDENT: ARE SEGWAYS SAFE?"

"REGULATORS SAY MOTORCYCLE HELMET LAWS SHOULD INCLUDE SEGWAYS"

"FAMILY MEMBERS WARNED HESELDEN NOT TO SCOOT NEAR CLIFFS"

"DID THE STUXNET VIRUS CAUSE HESELDEN'S SEGWAY TO MALFUNCTION?"

and finally...

"FIVE REASONS A SEGWAY IS MORE ACCIDENT PRONE THAN A UNICYCLE"

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Fake quote of the day maybe?

"And here I will personally demonstrate the new edge detection safety feature of Segway..."
"uh.. sir, that feature hasn't even started Beta yet.."
"Shush now you! Sill who needs engineers, we need PIONEERS!!....."

tuc0

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
he made his fortune starting hesco bastian http://www.hesco.com/

local news says he was on his quad bike on his own land and drove in to the river. prolly had a heart attack

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
yeah that was a surprise i didnt know he sold the company....does segway included that weelchair that can go up and down steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.