Selecting and deleting a range of messages in Android Gmail

JoelBG

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
The Android version of Gmail, unlike the Windows version, doesn`t seem to have a way to select a range of messages according to their date, and then delete them or send them to your trash bin.

Is there actually a way to do this that I`m missing, or do I just have to put up with a huge amount of useless mail?

Solution
no. did some research and decided on k-9 mail and liked ti enough to stick with it. so did not try others. i used the stock email app before i moved to marshmallow when they removed it and stuck us with the gmail app. sorry but only have experience with these 2 apps but i did read good stuff about asus app as well. was one i considered. i liked that k-9 was open source so it got the first shot

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i quickly gave up on gmail app and installed k-9 email. much more user friendly and was easy to configure with my various email accounts.

so did not stay with gmail app long enough to figure out if you can do this or not

JoelBG

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

JoelBG

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

I might have to do the same. Have you tried Asus Mail as well.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
no. did some research and decided on k-9 mail and liked ti enough to stick with it. so did not try others. i used the stock email app before i moved to marshmallow when they removed it and stuck us with the gmail app. sorry but only have experience with these 2 apps but i did read good stuff about asus app as well. was one i considered. i liked that k-9 was open source so it got the first shot

Solution