Sempron 145 unlock?

CsG_kieran_2

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hey,

I have searched the web for a while now but I cant find and walkthroughs on how to unlock the 145. I am getting this AM3 board that supports this option .(http://www.ebuyer.com/product/231368)

Thanks for the help :D

green300

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
That's it..only takes a couple of minutes to find out if your cpu will unlock or not. You say your getting that board ? Have you already purchased it and the 145 ?

green300

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
The 145 is a sweet little c3 chip and yes it can be unlocked as I was lucky enough to do with my sig rig. But, it's pure luck of the draw, the chip you receive may very well NOT unlock. Very risky hoping for an unlockable chip. Will a single core be enough for you if it does not unlock ?? As a dual core this chip is still plenty useful for most tasks and games, but as a single it struggles.

If your hoping or looking for a dual core I would suggest getting an AII x2 for a guaranteed dual core. If you want to gamble on an unlock I might suggest a C2 AII x2 210e for a few $ more. It's a native quad core that if you hit the unlock lottery AND all the stars are in alignment, it can be unlocked to a quad. If not, then you would have a solid 45w dual core at @ 2.6. The 210e has a 512kb/L2x2 where thee other AIIx2's have a 1mb/L2x2, so if it doesn't unlock the 210e wouldn't be quite as fast as thee other AIIx2's, but you MIGHT get a quad or a triple out of the deal...

The MB you listed should indeed be able to unlock as it list ucc as a feature. If your budget could grow a little more, I would suggest a MB with a newer 770 chipset and a higher fsb capability: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/174597
That's a known unlocker and decent overclocker.

Just some thoughts for you til xmas.. if the 145 unlocks you will love, if doesn't I just want to make sure a single core enough for your needs.

Have fun building and g/l !

CsG_kieran_2

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

^^ :D

Thanks a million for the info, unfortunately I cannot seem to fine a 210e so I may just go with a 245 x2 :) the mobo you listed is sadly to long to fit in my case lol
I will be using this (re) build for basic thinks like web browsing, e-mail but also for a bit of gaming as well (e.g Fallout: NV, Crysis) at 720p on medium so am all good there :) 2 cores does sound much better for me

TRENDING THREADS