Sennheiser G4ME ONE or PC 363D

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoham

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
These get great reviews. I'm looking for open back to let body heat out. It's ok if a little sound escapes as long as the heat does too.

The 363D is $50.00 more, but you get the USB sound card. Otherwise they seem about the same. Since these have one speaker, they rely on the sound card to provide the virtual surround. So the question is: will integrated motherboard audio provide the same surround as Sennheiser's USB sound card? If so, I should get the G4ME ONE, if not, well then probably the 363D.

Thanks.

Solution
Most motherboard sound chips do not come with surround sound.

I personally have the Sennheiser PC360 (same thing as 363 except no USB 7.1) and love them. However, I have a dedicated sound card that I use for virtual surround sound.

G4ME ONE is pretty much the same as the PC360 as well, except the cord is a bit different.

What I would do if I were you is buy the PC360/G4ME One (whatever it is) and grab a Asus Xonar DG/X (DGX is for PCIE slots, DG is for PCI slots). Make sure your mobo has a free pci/e slot to plug that bad boy in there. Not only would you save a few bucks, but the audio quality is much better on the dedicated sound card.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Most motherboard sound chips do not come with surround sound.

I personally have the Sennheiser PC360 (same thing as 363 except no USB 7.1) and love them. However, I have a dedicated sound card that I use for virtual surround sound.

G4ME ONE is pretty much the same as the PC360 as well, except the cord is a bit different.

What I would do if I were you is buy the PC360/G4ME One (whatever it is) and grab a Asus Xonar DG/X (DGX is for PCIE slots, DG is for PCI slots). Make sure your mobo has a free pci/e slot to plug that bad boy in there. Not only would you save a few bucks, but the audio quality is much better on the dedicated sound card.

Solution
a few things to note:

-the pc363d is based on the hd555/hd595 and is rather bass light.
-for the same money you can get similar studio headphones + modmic + soundcard since the headsets are a bit overpriced.
-open headphones have a wider soundstage (which makes them good for gaming) but tend to have less bass then closed sets.

if you definitely want one of the two you listed...

-the usb soundcard which comes with the pc363d is average in quality and a decent soundcard would be better. the xonar dg/dgx is low end but should still be better than the usb card.
-most onboard sound doesnt have virtual surround as an option (but check since some do). for $27 the xonar dg/dgx can add this function but retain the same general quality as good onboard sound. an "upgrade" to that would be the creative z but at greater expense.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Second bit is pretty much what I said. Most people tend to not bother with headphones and a mic since it's one other thing to do/don't know how to configure it. I own both the PC360s and the HD 558 and cannot tell the difference when the 360 is on native sound (no surround, Hifi stereo).
Also worth a note that I picked my 360s up for 170. They have recently jumped in price. I commented on another post before that it may be worth it to just grab the 558 and a mic to save the cash.

Dedi sound card or not, the headphones sound stunning.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

While I agree with everything you said, I do want to add that, yes, the bass can be on the lighter side for some, it is still very low-end capable. If you really want more low-end, just EQ it and it can do it without a hitch.

intramorph

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

intramorph

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Does anyone know if the Game One's also support 7.1 surround sound like the pc 363D ??? I would think with a good enough sound card it would be the exact same headphones (appart from the color) but I might be wrong. Can someone please answer this question??? I cannot for the life of me find the answer on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.