Sennheiser PC 350 SE Sound Card?

bennybrucie

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
Have an ASUS m32cd.(that is motherboard to). Scoopred up a pair of Sennheiser's on Black Friday, Plugged in port. Not detected, plugged in my Nexus and they worked. Do I need a sound card? If I do considering just getting an LGA 1151 mobo that is compatible with these instead. Any suggestions?

Solution
Looking at specs online, your Asus has decent onboard sound and should be fine.
The headset has a green stereo connector (which connects to the green audio output of the computer) and a pink connector which is for the mic and connects to the pink output on the computer. The only thing odd there is the pink connector is a multi-channel (or stereo) connector whereas most are mono. What does the booklet say about that?
You should be able to just use the green connection for now just to get it working. Have you also gone into Windows audio properties to make sure that audio output is enabled when the headset is plugged in? If you're still having trouble, can you try the headset on another device or computer?

dudio

Admirable
The headset features a multi channel plug and likely youre just plugging into a regular stereo 3.5mm jack.
Are you using an adapter on it and don't need to, or vice versa?

Per specs on headset:
"Connector 2 x 3.5 mm / 1 x 3.5 mm (PCV 07 adaptor) "

bennybrucie

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014

bennybrucie

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014

dudio

Admirable
Looking at specs online, your Asus has decent onboard sound and should be fine.
The headset has a green stereo connector (which connects to the green audio output of the computer) and a pink connector which is for the mic and connects to the pink output on the computer. The only thing odd there is the pink connector is a multi-channel (or stereo) connector whereas most are mono. What does the booklet say about that?
You should be able to just use the green connection for now just to get it working. Have you also gone into Windows audio properties to make sure that audio output is enabled when the headset is plugged in? If you're still having trouble, can you try the headset on another device or computer?

Solution