Sentey Vibros headset not detecting audio

Jacob Lahr

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
My Sentey Vibros will not detect audio. The headphones work, and the mic lights up as if it were on, but does not work. If I mute it, the light turns off. I have installed latest drivers for the headset, and audio drivers. Oddly, when I tap on the back of the inline volume control, it detects audio. This is on windows vista, which it should be compatible with.

michael_530

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
My only thoughts would be to try different headphone jack. Do you have this in the front or back, either way reverse it. Also if you have another headphone set you can trouble shoot with the other set. If they work or dont work in one of the two ports. Report on update.

Jacob Lahr

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

It's USB, but I've still switched it from the front usb ports to the back ones, no noticeable change. Unfortunately the only other headphones I have do not have a mic, so there's nothing to test on those ones. I do know that when they are plugged in audio works fine on them, though, just like this set.

michael_530

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Jacob Lahr

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
So, I have updated to windows 7, I was planning on doing so anyways, and this finally pushed me to go ahead. The mic still doesn't detect audio, but the inline volume control detects audio very loudly now, enough so that if I turn on listening to the device and give it a little tap on the back it causes a feedback loop. Still no voice however, even if I try speaking into the inline volume control.

I have also contacted the manufacturer's website, but all they told me was that it doesn't work with my OS, even though their site clearly states it does, and they offer drivers for it.

michael_530

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
If they are telling you that it doesnt work with that OS and the site said that it does, i'd be threatening false advertising. Did they offer you any solution other than changing the os?