kiralydave

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Dear everybody,

I have got an old Samsung TV which - according to its manual - can display 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p and 1080i, though it hasn't got any HDMI inputs. Luckily it has a YPbPr input.
I bought a H96 Pro+ Android TV box and an HDMI to YPbPr converter for this old television. Both of them support resolutions from 480i to 4K, all with 50 or 60Hz. I connected the TV box to an HDTV with an HDMI cable and it worked fine. I could even select which resolution I wanted to be displayed (from 480i to 4K, all with 50 or 60Hz).

But when I connect the TV Box to the HDMI to YPbPr converter and the converter to the old TV, then there appears to be no signal. I have a remote control for the TV Box and I learnt which arrows and how many times I should press to reach the screen resolution menu of the android system. I can't see the screen but I can still see that the Android TV box changes its resolution because there is a quick sign of that on the TV screen. During this not-even-1-second long signal I can see that the android system of the TV Box only offers 720p and 1080p. None of them is supported by my old Samsung TV,...

I thought that the HDMI to YPbPr converter was faulty, but then I connected my Bluray Player to the old Samsung TV through the converter and it worked. The Settings of the Bluray player chose 576p automatically and the TV had signal.

When I connect the Android TV box to my new HDTV and set the resolution to 1080i 50Hz and then switch it off and connect it to my old Samsung TV, then again... there is no signal because the TV box only offers 720p and 1080p.

So my questions would be the following:
can I force my Android TV Box to boot on 1080i 50Hz? Or are there other solutions?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
techwow Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 4
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 8
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
Bradagan1 Streaming Video & TVs 1