Solved! Setting an external monitor to boot with lost screen

Nov 6, 2018
Hello ! im new to this comunity and if i put this in the wrong category fell free to tell me, anyways i have an samsung rv520 laptop and it has a broken screen ,the laptop wont boot now .theres only a white cracked screen , my little brother did something in the commands promt..i asked him what he did and he showed me this command :bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF . i dont know if it does anything to your system so i just felt i needed to add that , when i restarted the laptop it just would not boot, i have a broken screen and i dont know how to use my external monitor to see whats happening , i tryed fn+f4 but it didnt work..can i use my external monitor to boot? thanks

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

NOTE: If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

NOTE: If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Solution