Sharp Aquos LC-37D62U - Shut Off Issue

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I have a Sharp Aquos LC-37D62U that I got used (free) because it randomly shuts off. Could be 20min, hours or even go all day no issue, just randomly shuts off for about 5sec and turns back on again.

Seems to be a VERY common issue with these older Aquos TV's, found lots of info about the issues, except mine seems to be a bit different.

From what I've read, the power LED light should blink a code

1x per second (constant, steady blink) = bad inverter/lamps
2x per second = bad power supply
3x per second = bad main board

But, mine doesn't blink... stays solid green when shuts off, and doesn't blink anything.

Any ideas? I don't want to randomly start buying parts, would be nice to narrow the issue down first. Thanks.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Posted there, posted here... I'm patient. Plus good to get advice from multiple places.

If I get 5 replies and 4 out of 5 say the same thing, usually a good sign. If I contact just 1 place, 50/50 they're wrong.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Ha... decided after all to email direct, and response was "Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, we are not offering tech support at the moment"

That being said... it shut down today and the OPC + Power lights blinked in unison 3x per second. Main board? But rest of the shut downs (about 6 in 2 days) no blinks at all.