Sharp Intros World's Largest 3D HDTV at 90 Inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
At some point I'm going to need bigger eyes to be able to see the whole screen while sitting in my living room.

What I do like about this though is it would be great for replacing projectors in meeting/class rooms.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Who made it, Sharp or LG?

The article switches between the two without explaining itself at all. My guess is that sharp is the manufacturer of the panel, and it's an LG TV, but who knows.

mattjargon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]ilovestevejabs[/nom]ONLY 1080P?[/citation]

Yeah it seems we're pushing the limits here, and I thought 70" was a bit large for 1080p

G

you realize this means a horribly shitty ppi. i would at least want 2560x1440(although content above 1080p is rare today)

G

Isn't this flat-out wrong, in that Mitsubishi has been selling 92" 1080P DLP's for quite a while?

Come on, guys. If you're going to publish advertorials, at least make them factually accurate.

cbfelterbush

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I am becoming increasingly less and less interested with the accuracy of the work coming off this site. I mean what kind of journalism proclaims.

A 90-inches, Sharp's current claim to "world's largest HDTV" can't be beat.

When any retard with five minutes can find that not only is this complete BS, but that they are nearly a year late to the table. As many have said Mitsubishi had been building one that is 92'' for some time now.

Toms has been a sinking pit of poor journalism, with articles being published without being checked for grammatical errors, spelling errors and more importantly no FACT checking.

Point out my miss spelled and grammatically incorrect righting, that is fine. I am not BEING PAID to wright accurately. These guys are running one of the best news sites into the ground because of laziness.

-CB

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
[citation][nom]JasonMeinhardt[/nom]ummm Mitsubishi has had a 92" HDTV since last year and it is also 3D so No it's not the first.http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/tv/WD-92742[/citation]

The Mitsubishi is not an LED TV. The headline of the article was somewhat misleading by not saying largest LED...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
1) 1080P for a 90" TV will look just awful.
2) 5" thick is insane. Is that a typo? The 80" TV I was looking at in Cosco yesterday was probably ~1" thick.

Sharp makes some really nice TVs, but this one doesn't sound that great. I want to upgrade to a 70-80" unit (from my 55"), but I think I'm going to wait until we get 4K resolution.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I bought a 120Hz, 46" Sharp over a year ago, and ended up taking it back a few days later as the lag sucked. Instead, I got a 480Hz 55" Vizio, and it's awesome. They give this BS about no lag, but, at 120hz and a 90" screen, there is no way an object, such as a ball moving close to 90" inches in a second or so isn't go to show significant lag and artifacts.

Sharp should pay more attention to quality, and be less concerned with trying to grab headlines with sensational tactics.

This is a Sharp TV and has nothing to do with LG--please pay attention when you write an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.