Shift key issue

Oct 1, 2018
hi i have an issue with my shift key it acts so weird when i'm playing games like when i was playing Rainbow Six siege i tried to sprint using shift but when i held it down it pressed (z, Tab, T, ....) i don't know why and when i played fortnite some time when i press shift it sprints and sometimes it doesn't

Oct 1, 2018

it didn't work

An external keyboard didn't work, either? That would mean your keyboard controller is bad, which means the motherboard would need to be repaired or replaced.

If an external keyboard works, then you may just need to replace the built-in keyboard.

Oct 1, 2018

the built-in shift key works when i write but i cant change the language with shift+alt and when i play it toggles sprint normally you have to hold shift to sprint

You can try taking the key cap off to look for any physical issues; anything stuck under the key, or to see if the rubber spring is messed up. If no physical problems with it, then probably a faulty circuit - you'd have to replace the keyboard in that case.

EDIT: The key caps are fragile, so if you decide to remove it to investigate, be careful!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2