Shockwave Flash Unresponsive

taunme

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
This notification pops up just about everyday and the result is videos will not play on any web page. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Shockwave and Google Chrome, this also occurs in all other browsers but Chrome is my default. A temp fix is to restart my laptop but I'd like to not have to do that every day. Please and thanks!

P.S. iTunes doesn't run audio when this Shockwave problem occurs, Idk if related or not but just something to ponder on! Thanks.

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014

try getting reinstalling the shockwave plugin and see if that helps .. most likely will

taunme

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

like i said i already uninstalled and reinstalled Shockwave and this problem is still occuring.

taunme

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

I have 8gb of ram installed. Is it a possibility that not enough ram is dedicated to chrome or something? I don't see how dedicating ram would solve it considering it doesnt take a lot of ram to run a browser.

taunme

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

I have yet to find a solution to this problem and only restart my pc for a temp fix.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Have you check the plugins running for your browser if you have more than one for chrome browser they can conflict. type chrome://plugins into your browser and press enter try disabling any that might be conflicting. You can disable/enable by trial.

Look for any entries in the list such as Adobe Flash Player, or Shockwave Flash. If you can see two or more, you have more than one Flash plug-in installed.

taunme

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

As of right now I have only Adobe Flash Player plugin on chrome. Like I said before, this doesn't only affect Chrome as a browser. It also affects all video and audio media on my computer and other browsers. I'm getting the feeling its a bug with the computer that may be harder to fix than I previously thought.

taunme

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

I have not. I didn't think I would have to until this point.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
If it does try the following in the plug in screen
click on [+] toggle option, adjacent to Details link in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window.
To expand the plugin

Take a closer look at the expanded entry you'll see two entries for plugin, one is for Google chrome

Disable Chrome’s internal Flash installation which is located in Chrome’s AppData foName: see below
Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 9.0 r28
Version: 9,0,28,0
Location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPSWF32.dll
Type: NPAPI
Disable
MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
.spllder.hrome flash installation and other for the host Operating system’s installation.

taunme

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

There was only just the one plugin for adobe flash player. Thank you though.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Did it look like this
Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 13.0.0.182
or did it look like this
Adobe Flash Player (1 files) - Version: 13.0.0.182
Which one can you see,
Sorry for asking you several times but one shows two files the other shows one file, just making sure your are seeing what I'm asking?
Your version may be different.

So if it showing 2 files look over to the far right corner and click in the square box with the plus sign (+) you'll have to imagine that is a square box and you normally have to disable the lower of the two when it expands as stated in earlier post,.

This is the usual fix for the issue you are experiencing.