Should I buy ATH M40x or Hyper X Cloud 2?

cwa_asyraf

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
hi I really need help, should I buy ATH M40x or Hyper X Cloud 2? I want a headset both for a good experience for music and gaming. ATH m40x users said its worth it, while HXC2 user also said the same. Im really confused! Please help me guys.. :(

Solution
Heyo cwa_asyraf

I've used both headphones(headset) beforehand, and I can surely tell you the M40X's will handily beat the Cloud II's in the sound department.
The M40X's isn't flawless in this scenario though. I highly suggest you to put some Brainwavez HM5 pads on since I find the stock pads to feel like "soft rocks". The new pads would also increase the soundstage.

If you however chose to go with the Cloud II's it would ONLY be because of the built-in microphone. Even it's virtual soundstage gets beaten by the M40X's WITH the pads mod.

Cheers

True Buie

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo cwa_asyraf

I've used both headphones(headset) beforehand, and I can surely tell you the M40X's will handily beat the Cloud II's in the sound department.
The M40X's isn't flawless in this scenario though. I highly suggest you to put some Brainwavez HM5 pads on since I find the stock pads to feel like "soft rocks". The new pads would also increase the soundstage.

If you however chose to go with the Cloud II's it would ONLY be because of the built-in microphone. Even it's virtual soundstage gets beaten by the M40X's WITH the pads mod.

Cheers

Solution

guanyu210379

Distinguished
From sound, M40 is quite a lot better than Cloud II.
If you need microphone, you can buy extra like e.g. V-Moda BoomPro or AntLion Audio MODMIC V4.
Note: I am not 100% sure if BoomPro is compatible with M40. AntLion Audio MODMIC V4 should always work.

If you simply want an easy solution, Cloud II is not that bad.

aajoe

Official Representative
Official Representative
Sep 2, 2017
Boompro is not compatible with the M40, as Audio Technica uses a proprietary locking system for their cables. Don't let that slow you down though! We here at Antlion are the industry leader for a good reason! :)