Should I get a more high-end laptop or a gaming pc and continue using my current laptop?

Takino

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
So I was considering which would be better in my next buy. I found a few laptops with higher end specs like i7 4800mq and gtx 765m from msi and a few custom gaming laptop retailers locally but I also know that building a gaming pc would give me a lot more performance. So my current laptop specs (ultrabook) are i5 3317 and gt 620m and my question is would a gaming laptop which is portable be better than building a gaming pc for myself and continue using my current laptop for my studies (I am a student)?

Solution
I have a pc and a laptop

i use my pc for the main use of my gaming as i like having a multi monitor setup with a full keyboard, with a pc you upgrade what you like and you will always get better performance and cooling

i would keep the current laptop you have for light gaming when out and about, like on a train or a flight

MurrayA

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I have a pc and a laptop

i use my pc for the main use of my gaming as i like having a multi monitor setup with a full keyboard, with a pc you upgrade what you like and you will always get better performance and cooling

i would keep the current laptop you have for light gaming when out and about, like on a train or a flight

Solution