Should I remove ''not user removable'' battery?

canderot

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
I have a Toshiba e45-b4100 notebook. I currently discharge the battery to 30% and charge it to 80~90% but since I've seen that removing only two screws I can get the battery out, I was wondering if it would be better for the battery life if I remove it and use it when I need to.

C12Friedman

Distinguished
Although it was designed to not have the battery removed (their engineers would've designed it with that as a factor), there may be some benefit to removing the battery to prolong it's life. It may very well be that the laptop will not power on without the battery installed since it would be considered integral in the design process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 0
Skhaloo Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 1
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
hikswolf Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 14
P Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Windows 11 Microsoft Store will not recognize that application was uninstalled....
Question Laptop worked when battery removed, now does not work.
Solved! Acer aspire not charging, it's model N19H1 and I have tried the battery reset and also removing all connected peripherals, please assist?
Solved! How to remove this heatpipe? Screws not recognized.
Question ASUS Laptop doesn't start from battery but did work if charging cable removed from laptop at the right time ( does not rn)
why my laptop keyboard not working properly and on such event on removing power chord laptop shutting down immediately?
Question Inspiron 14 7000 Does not turn on unless cover is removed
Solved! MY dell latitude laptop power button is on but it's not coming up. No display. I have tried to remove the battery and Press's
Solved! My laptop is not starting after hibernating when I removed power battery and fixed it on its position
Solved! hp pavilion .. laptop not turnin on removed the battery and plugged in the charger .. but it still doesnt turn on .. any help
Dell latitude 7280 will not power up, doesn't have removable battery help!
I have a v110 Lenovo , no charging lights turn on , the laptop itself does not turn on , tried removing battery and pushing of
My Asus laptop is a non removable battery laptop ran out of battery now I plugged in and it is not charging and cannot open it
I have a Fujitsu laptop ah532 .if there is battery on it .it will not boot up but when I try to remove the battery and plug in
After setting UEFI to legacy boot mode, laptop did not boot at all, no POST either. Removing CMOS battery doesn't help either
my laptop samsung rv509 is not turning on without plugging to chrger and it switch of when charger is removed
My lenovo notebook won't turn and and please don't mention removal of battery because it is not posible.it just stays blank. I
Acer aspire e15 573g-380s non removable battery not turning on
My Acer A01 431 does not have a removable battery or removeable hard drive what do i do - throw it away???.
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with no removable battery. It was working fine and now it will not power on. A small light comes

ASK THE COMMUNITY