Should i sell my Galaxy Nexus for a Galaxy note?

op24ti12mus94

Honorable
May 29, 2013
I own a galaxy nexus and fairly unhappy with its performance over battery life.
It provides me a max of 7-12 hours of battery backup with using the devices much.
I charge my battery before going to college in the morning and its a battle for me to keep my battery alive till i reach home in the evening/night.
I only make some calls (4-5 maybe of 5 mins average), chat on whatsapp (30 mins max) and listen to music fr a hour or so. I don't play any games nor do i surf on browser in the fear that my battery will drain off before reaching home.

So owing to above reasons should i switch to galaxy note? (my budget is strictly around 20k)

Also suggest phones in that range if you know any.

(I live in India)

Solution
Even the most useless of phones should have no problem with that kind of usage. You're using it for a total of about 2 hours. Have you got anything running in the background?

If you like the extra features in the Note, then it might be worth going for. But if all you're complaining about is the battery life, you might be better off just getting a second battery.

Engadget:
Battery life is excellent.
in our battery usage test (where we use the device normally until it shuts down), lasting an impressive 28 hours.

I think you must have a dud. A (moderately) cheap battery off ebay should fix it; should be about $20. Or you could go through the hassle of warranty, though proving something like battery life is a lot harder...

op24ti12mus94

Honorable
May 29, 2013

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Its not even a year past since i purchased galaxy nexus and it already has battery problem. I have read that the battery life of gnex is as such bad in first place, is that true?
Moreover I am preferring galaxy note because it has a bigger battery physically as such and has bigger screen and plus the stylus which will server me good while reading and all. Thats why..
Give your opinion.

Even the most useless of phones should have no problem with that kind of usage. You're using it for a total of about 2 hours. Have you got anything running in the background?

If you like the extra features in the Note, then it might be worth going for. But if all you're complaining about is the battery life, you might be better off just getting a second battery.

Engadget:
Battery life is excellent.
in our battery usage test (where we use the device normally until it shuts down), lasting an impressive 28 hours.

I think you must have a dud. A (moderately) cheap battery off ebay should fix it; should be about $20. Or you could go through the hassle of warranty, though proving something like battery life is a lot harder than "it doesn't work".

Solution

op24ti12mus94

Honorable
May 29, 2013

Thanks a lot for your reply.
The idea of having a secondary battery is good but frankly i doubt i will get to charge both of them regularly
becase i am quite sure of my memory that i will forget it many times.
And the idea of extended battery is all way out because it makes the phone way too bulky.
Actually I am leaning towards note a bit becase of those extra features that i mentioned in my comment earlier and the all important bigger battery.
Thats quite surprising, I have read quite a few reviews about gnex wherein all of them had bad result on battery.