should i trade my laptop?

Feb 2, 2014
Hi guys just to start it off this wont be a long post i appreciate the help.

so i have a ge60 2nd gen gaming laptop its specs include :

1080p display
gtx 765m
i7-4700mq
8 gb ram

so i have a person on kijiji that wants to trade he's alienware m17x r2 and the specs are as fallows:

i7-920m
1080p display
8gb ram
dual hd 5870m gpus.

and so on he is willing to give me hes library of very recent games and 100 dollars and i like alienware because they are gpu upgradable and do you guys think i should do the deal ? anyways thanks for the help.

Moussa Bazzoun

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Your laptop is faster, your basically swapping for a weaker, worse laptop that is bulkier and uses more power. As for upgrading the GPUs, it very expensive and not easy to do, and in my opinion not worth it.

Feb 2, 2014
is it really gonna affect me is like my screen better ? which is an all around better laptop and his his graphics better then mine? thanks.

Moussa Bazzoun

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

You have the all round better laptop, your graphics is better than his. I use this website and if you look at the list on the right side your 765m ranks higher than his 5870m crossfire. Your screens have the same resolution, so I'm guessing they would be more or less the same. Also your laptop uses much less power and probably has a considerably longer battery life. If he hasn't replaced his battery then he probably has little to no battery life.

Feb 2, 2014
last question where sre the benchmarks that say mine is better in terms of graphics?

In all honesty - I've got a different site that says the 5870M Crossfire is SLIGHTLY FASTER - however I still wouldn't recommend the buy at all. your processor is better, and you're laptop is newer as a whole. Furthermore Alienware's are just bulky, if you ask for a GPU upgrade Dell will just weedle money from you - it just isn't worth it.