should i use asus ai suite 3? or just stick to the bios? just curious

packersfan036

Estimable
May 27, 2015
confused, wondering if asus ai suite is worth installing on a asus maximus v11 hero motherboard and a i5 4690k cpu. also can I use intel xtu software when ai suite is also installed?

Solution
Sure, just go ahead and use it.

OTHER:
I suggest you get in the habit of doing both of these things:
1) Setup an automated backup using a tool like Acronis True Image. I have it setup as:
- weekly (automatic)
- incremental (main chain + 4x incremental)
- deletes after one chain to save space
- 2nd highest compression level
- *I make an initial backup that's not automated and just save it to NOT DELETE as issues can easily creep in you aren't aware of. If I need to I'll backup any critical data then rollback to that saved backup.

**Acronis True Image is slightly confusing at first, especially finding some of the settings such as compression level. Not sure how they've managed to make it more confusing than it was years ago but they...
1) Well, what FEATURES do you want from the Asus software? I only care about FAN CONTROL. On my Z77 Sabertooth I use Asus' Thermal Radar software.

You may have to install the suite to get the fan software. not sure.

2) There's no conflict between Intel XTU and Asus' software AFAIK, though if the Asus software has any overclocking tools you'll replace any settings changed with the Intel software (and vice versa).

For overclocking I would in general try to stick to the BIOS even if you need to get some help online for the best method.

Sure, just go ahead and use it.

OTHER:
I suggest you get in the habit of doing both of these things:
1) Setup an automated backup using a tool like Acronis True Image. I have it setup as:
- weekly (automatic)
- incremental (main chain + 4x incremental)
- deletes after one chain to save space
- 2nd highest compression level
- *I make an initial backup that's not automated and just save it to NOT DELETE as issues can easily creep in you aren't aware of. If I need to I'll backup any critical data then rollback to that saved backup.

**Acronis True Image is slightly confusing at first, especially finding some of the settings such as compression level. Not sure how they've managed to make it more confusing than it was years ago but they did. Once it's setup though you just leave it and periodically check the backup folder and look at the last backup date to see if it's updating.

2) RESTORE POINTS:
Turn on System Restore for the C-drive. If you make any big changes, or have concerns about any changes like installing certain drivers or software then set a restore point.

Windows will also set Restore Points at more critical updates.

Restoring an older point saved me a few times.

Solution