should i water cool my cpu for vr?

Apr 27, 2018
I am going to get a htc vive and i am afraid that my cpu is going to get too hot because i don't have a very strong cpu cooler and i have a cpu that tends to run a little hot, let me know if you think i should get a cpu cooler and if i should upgrade anything else. i have 5X140mm fans but i don't know the specs for them, and i usually keep them at max speed because it keeps the pc cooler and i don't mind the noise.

My build - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mD9t8Y.

if i need one would the Corsair H100I V2 be a good option

Thanks for the input!

Solution

I'd recommend the Kraken X62 or X72 depending on what you can comfortably fit in your case. IMO it has the best looking AIO block and is right up there in performance and acoustics.

aquielisunari

Distinguished

What temps. are you seeing?

The 115i would be my choice. The 7700K is known to get abnormally warm.

What resolution and in-game settings are you currently gaming at?

schaft

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
just stick with your current Hyper 212, its a decent hsf. If that cannot hold down the temp, then you get the water. Do not expect too much on VR as the standard for them are still under war. Last year's microsoft tried to standardized with its MR, but it seems not successful.

wow a 1Tb 960 evo.

Apr 27, 2018

LordVile

Commendable
May 27, 2016

I'd recommend the Kraken X62 or X72 depending on what you can comfortably fit in your case. IMO it has the best looking AIO block and is right up there in performance and acoustics.

Solution