Shredding my recovery(for windows10) very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
I had created my recovery pendrive for windows 10(that was preinstalled). But i am unable to recover my laptop again from this pendrive(i dont know why after compleating 80-99% of recovery process it is showing a message "thete was some problem to recover this pc") so i shredding this pendrive but it is taking too much time(it 15 minute i started shredding process but only 27% shredded).
Is there any faulty in my pendrive?
Please ans me in details.

Solution
You can cancel it anytime.
Even if not complete, the shredding tool will have deleted the partition table. You can create this again in Windows Disk Management and then format the drive (with quick enabled).

VincentP

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Shredding is always slow because it writes many times to the drive to securely erase the contents. If you just want to clear the drive, format the drive in Windows and tick the "quick" option.

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017

May i stop the shredding process, i mean is there any problem if stop the shreddibg process?

VincentP

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
You can cancel it anytime.
Even if not complete, the shredding tool will have deleted the partition table. You can create this again in Windows Disk Management and then format the drive (with quick enabled).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.