Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Does anyone know what Skype EasyBitsGo is? It asked me to run it a few days ago and I clicked no from within Skype. It installed without my permission and according to this thread http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=821527&st=40&s=002204ece3df3b16f1eca37fc3aaaf6e It is malware.

I have no idea why Skype would allow this to happen, and from the looks of it their security on the forums is also screwed up by allowing people to log in to other peoples accounts randomly. I am upset that this hasn't been addressed at all from an employee from the company, my only thought is that Microsoft when they bought it they changed something during the transition of acquiring Skype. I have been using Skype for about 5 years now and really like the service but I can't believe they dropped the ball on this one.

Anyway if anyone else has had the same program installed automatically without permission and wants to delete it all you have to do is run the uninstaller but i have no clue if this removes all traces of the program or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.