Skype iOS App Gets Video Calling... on 3G Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]Oh yeah, ill try this out today. Sorry Android users...you have to wait...again[/citation]
Whatever, we Android users already have multiple options. My MyTouch 4G came with Qik Video Conferencing and Yahoo Messenger that also supports video chat, both work over 3G or WiFi. Oh, it works over 4G (HSPA+) too, but I guess iPhone owners wouldn't care about that. LOL.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Your right, we dont care. We also have yahoo with video. So thats a moot point. But can you say you have Skype with video? Didnt think so :p

G

my Android on Verizon phone works, no matter how I hold it. I imagine dropped Skype is about as fun as dropped cell calls too. (eagerly waiting for your irrelevant, apple-pandering response, osxless) :-D :) :p or whatever emoticon you think makes an argument 'in your face'.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]Your right, we dont care. We also have yahoo with video. So thats a moot point. But can you say you have Skype with video? Didnt think so[/citation]
LOL, really? That's what you're sticking with? God I hope you're being sarcastic. I can get 15mbps downloads with my phone without WiFi, and in a week I'll probably have Skype with Video too. What will your argument be then?

I don't even know why I bother, I don't even use Skype for chrissake. Not only that, but Skype went down hardcore only a week or two ago, wasn't it? I'll stick with services that I know will actually be usable from time to time.

G

Anyway, the skype is very usefull outside of USA, in europe we dont have Gtalk or something similiar, with this option in skype, gave a Plus for the consumer, today i was testing the service on Germany-Mexico and the connection with the videocall is very stable with the carrier (O2 Germany or Movistar)

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I am being facetious all, relax. I just like riling up the Android fanboys, Happy New Year! ;)

ps. I dont care about what OS you use. If your happy with it, more power to you!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]I am being facetious all, relax. I just like riling up the Android fanboys, Happy New Year! ps. I dont care about what OS you use. If your happy with it, more power to you![/citation]

Haha i love watching stuff like this happen :)

I own a iOS device and a Android device and skype is of no concern to me, except when i did try video calling on my iPod touch i forgot it was the 2G model (no camera)..

Bring to Android PL0X :D

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Does anyone actually USE a video chat?

I got bored of using webcam talks about 5 years ago. Voice is good enough, I can get on with the rest of my life while talking to someone rather than watching them stare back at me.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I have used it a few times. But to me its more of a gimmick. I guess if you are working away from home its nice to be able to see your family.

I would suspect most people don't use video on calling much.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Yeah I used to use it to talk to the grandparents and stuff. That was really nice. But we both soon got fed up with it disconnecting and freezing and whatever.

Perhaps its better these days.

G

I already had this function built in with my Nokia N900 Since 1 year ago :D

epdark

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]LOL, really? That's what you're sticking with? God I hope you're being sarcastic. I can get 15mbps downloads with my phone without WiFi, and in a week I'll probably have Skype with Video too. What will your argument be then?I don't even know why I bother, I don't even use Skype for chrissake. Not only that, but Skype went down hardcore only a week or two ago, wasn't it? I'll stick with services that I know will actually be usable from time to time.[/citation]

You're lying about your download speeds. Android store has certainly had it's own downtimes here and there, so you're full of shit there too. Actually you're just looking rather brown right about now. I think the point really is that it's usable on AT&T's supposedly slower 3G network(which is incorrect), which FaceTime is not. But if anyone of intelligence takes more then 10 seconds to analyze it, they can see that Apple chose not to enable FaceTime over 3G for numerous and typical Apple reasons. e.g., The quality of the function would not meet their fairly strict standards over 3G.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Whatever, we Android users already have multiple options. My MyTouch 4G came with Qik Video Conferencing and Yahoo Messenger that also supports video chat, both work over 3G or WiFi. Oh, it works over 4G (HSPA+) too, but I guess iPhone owners wouldn't care about that. LOL.[/citation]
perhaps thats why they went for iOS first? easier to capture that market. oh, and stop talking like that, like android is the best thing sense sliced bread, it makes you sound like a douchebag.

Status
Not open for further replies.