Juggsbunny51

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
I have a Acer Laptop, with a i5-4201U CPU @ 1.70Ghz, 6 Gb. Ram, Intel HD Graphics 4400, w/ 1792mb of video memory, and Windows 8.1, I play Skyrim and my game after 15 minutes of gameplay crashes to desktop. I have graphics card set to High Performance, and power options set to High Performance, and that seems to let the game play for about 1/2 hour before crashing to desktop .I'll be playing and BAM I'm on the desktop as if I never played, when I restart I'm bumped right back where I was when the game crashed. It'll play for about another 20-30 minutes before crashing again. I have SSKE, and Sky UI installed with about 20 other non immersive mods. My frame.rate is set to default, and the game starts at medium quality, Any Suggestions

Solution
Playing a modded version of Skyrim with integrated graphics sounds like a bad idea to me. An unmodded version will probably be fine at medium settings and 1080p, however.

Have you tried Skyrim without the mods? Assuming that the mods are bug-free, I'd wager that the integrated graphics simply isn't up to the task of running them.

bicycle_repair_man

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Playing a modded version of Skyrim with integrated graphics sounds like a bad idea to me. An unmodded version will probably be fine at medium settings and 1080p, however.

Have you tried Skyrim without the mods? Assuming that the mods are bug-free, I'd wager that the integrated graphics simply isn't up to the task of running them.

Solution