Solved! Smart TV cannot access a specific site

jimmydalton

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
My office just bought Samsung Smart TV UAM5500 55". In my office, to be able to access the internet, all users must connect to a network, then login to local network engine to input username and password.

I can always access using ethernet cable or Wifi via laptop or PC. However, it is a different case with the smart TV. The TV can access the same network, but cannot access the local network engine, and thus, cannot input username and password. I have tried typing the same https on the browser, but it cannot reach the address.

Any suggestion anyone? I am not a tech-savvy, and please forgive my English.

Solution
Update the firmware and or web browsing software installed on the TV, would be my first suggestion. Beyond that, I would personally ditch trying to get a good internet experience via TV software as it's likely going to give you a dated experience, even at it's best. Perhaps a sub $100 compute stick plugged into one of the HDMI ports would be sufficient, and then just use the TV as a large computer screen. That should allow you to use any standard web browser, along with your choice of keyboard and mouse.

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
Update the firmware and or web browsing software installed on the TV, would be my first suggestion. Beyond that, I would personally ditch trying to get a good internet experience via TV software as it's likely going to give you a dated experience, even at it's best. Perhaps a sub $100 compute stick plugged into one of the HDMI ports would be sufficient, and then just use the TV as a large computer screen. That should allow you to use any standard web browser, along with your choice of keyboard and mouse.

Solution

jimmydalton

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014

jimmydalton

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
I see now. I need to update the firmware and access the browser from the internet using my tethering cellphone. Once I have accepted the terms and conditions (which must be downloaded beforehand), I can access the browser and open the network web. Then I switched to secured network This needs a lot of work before my TV can be used.