Snapped on/off switch underneath dial on LX100. Repair / fix ideas?

felixishere

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
panasonic-lx100-top-dials-2000x1333.jpg

So after using my camera (Panasonic LX100) in some pretty extreme and dusty conditions my on/off switch jammed. Regrettably I forced it too much and the thing snapped off. The switch operates next to and beneath a dial on the top of the device (see pic of switch before snapped off). Currently my best solution to turn the thing on and off is to use a pen tip or a pin. Obviously this is not ideal for taking pictures when speed is of the essence. Does anyone have any alternative ideas about a repair/fix that could speed up the process of turning the camera on and off? All help hugely appreciated.

Felix

Solution
The easiest thing is to find the "sleep" setting and putting it to the lowest reasonable number you have, then just leaving it on. In sleep settings these things last practically forever anyway, no need to actually turn it off during a shoot.
The easiest thing is to find the "sleep" setting and putting it to the lowest reasonable number you have, then just leaving it on. In sleep settings these things last practically forever anyway, no need to actually turn it off during a shoot.

Solution