So Who is Left Still Working at Infinity Ward?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

sooooo...... IW will be making a zombie survival game next then....

G

I was excited about first MW for rank system and modern weapons, and was first game I bought in a very long time, after CSS. Though it got frustrated after a while I realized how unrealistic and small the game is. I'm glad I didn't buy their next game, which seems dying after few month, like the previous. Only Valve FPS game worth the money for their long support.

burtzum

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
COD was always garbage. MOH:AA multiplayer with realism mod and no shotguns or noobtubes was where it was at. BF2 was great as well.

Interesting that the writers and designers have been wiped out yet the art department is almost completely intact. Wonder what that means, if anything.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]in a few months all that will be left is the janitors.[/citation]

Even the Janitors will jump ship, I think...

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
It is base level of artist or animation doing most of work anyway. Animation leads and modeling leads are more of superior role.

The base level employees are the easiest to replace. The field is flooded with them. The leads and the people that run the show are the hard ones to replace...especially since most of the leads help write the story.

alders

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
after cod2, the entire cod series went to shit, cod4 wasnt that bad but was made for the numerous casual kinda players, and imo ruined the franchise.

ScoobyJooby-Jew

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
the best cod was big red 1. That game was friggen sweet. Start with the carbine+healthpack, pick up a sniper rifle, and bam, as long as you didnt camp, you could live the entire round. Or 2 shotting tanks with a bazooka. I miss the hell out of that game

chechak

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
whats up with mw2 after success (lot of millions$) all crow are banished or left or died or kidnapped by aliens :p ?
X-FILE'S document #3892994 status:not solved ...

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Looking at the list, it doesn't look too bad. Considering the second part of the story or whatever it is in MW2 isn't that great, but i do believe that Activision pushed them to release it. It does after all from what I've seen with triple A titles, takes quite a deal of time to make a great game. 2 to 3 years or as long as it takes, I'm sure if given the right amount of time MW2 would of been great. But as many have said the MW3 or whatever it is to be called will be a new format for the COD series. Heading into a new direction, possibly new story, etc. Will new talent be able to fill this gap, we don't know yet since a game hasn't been released or announced. Till then, all the FPS fans like myself will just have to buckle up and wait it out, will it crash and burn out or will swerve and hit 6th gear and win us all over again. Time will tell. I've seen great games get turned into nothing but smithereens.

jdavide22

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I smell a side project in the works. Why would the brightest people at infinity leave in such an organised fashion?

This can only mean there are great things happening that we don't know about, and I cant wait to see the results :)

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
This looks like the dream situation for a lot of developers. The "if I started my own company, I'd make an all-star team with such, such, and such." If that is what happened here, then whatever game the create first should be pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS