Software recommendations for Customer Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacarlet

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Hi,
I am working on a small business company. My work is based on manage customers business process, details, etc. Using spreadsheet to store and manage all process, but it takes to much of time to complete task. So our company make decision to use management software. I collect some information, but I need some more details. Any suggestion or other options out there that people have used.

Reactions: alexsaunders790
Do you have any experience with databases?

You may be able to create a more customized tool that can pull data from existing spreadsheets and then manage that date via forms, queries, and reports.

May seem scary or intimidating but you can often use the wizards to create a basic form, query, or report and then customize it.

Start slow and simple and build as you learn. Access existing spreadsheet data as RO (Read only) with the database away from your production work.

Lots of very good tutorials available online. Do some reading and try a few things. Learning to import the data from the spreadsheet(s) is a good starting point.

Odds are that any commericial management software will need to do that anyway plus then be customized for your use. With some effort you will soon be able to do it all yourself and manage the processes as best fits you and your company's needs.

Sacarlet

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Hi Ralston18,
I am not familiar with the database coding. Everything you said is good. In business process time management is very important, our company decision is move onto management software for business. So any information you know about software always welcome. Thank you for your information.

Sacarlet: thanks.

As for "database coding" I think you will find that not to be so much of a problem. Especially if you have been working with large spreadsheets.

Yes you can make or have the database become very complicated and involve macros, VB code, scripts, etc..

On the other hand trying to make a spreadsheet behave as a database can become convoluted and cumbersome. Even though spreadsheets now provide many database like features/functions.

For example take some large spreadsheet that you have and import it into a database. (Note: you can link directly as RO but for learning purposes and to protect original data use importing. Besides if things go astray just delete the database table and try again.)

Anyway once the spreadsheet data is imported to a database table then you can use database wizards to create queries, forms, and reports based on that database table. The wizard results can be a bit much sometimes. For example, Reports (when printed) can use up a lot of paper unless you perhaps edit the report and take out extra spacing. Becomes more art than science (coding). Yet as you learn you can go into code and modify things directly. Using a wizard works very well with a simple application or can be a good starting point (e.g. a form) for something more complex.

Very sure that you have your hands full as it is and that I fully understand. Just do not sell yourself short and underestimate what you can learn to do. I have seen too many massive spreadsheets that grew out of some fear, distrust, or misunderstanding of databases.

Key is to do some reading about database basics and try a couple of simple databases. And once you get the sense of it all and do things such as linking (data in spreadsheet, queries /searches, and reports via the database) you will be able to set up a customer management system that will be powerful and flexible.

Sacarlet

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Our company chooses two CRM software as a final decision within that select the cost affordable and ease of use. Software is Zoho and Apptivo CRM. Comparing both software which is suitable for our company. Please share your suggestion.

Are you able to get a fully functional download trial?

If so, do so. Install on a non-production computer and test each application.

See how well you can import existing data and verify the "ease of use".

May require some extra time and effort to test but the results will be very revealing and most likely will help with the final decision.

Moni_3

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Have you tried Marketero? it´s so much easier, it will give information not only from what you type, it will also give you information from leads interactions on messages, and records, (it has email marketing, landing pages and forms)

Status
Not open for further replies.