Software that moves programs to a certain section of the screen

powerhour

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I am in need a program which resizes, moves other programs in certain areas on my screen, and places certain ones above others.

I am a streamer running a dual monitor set up. I have the game on my main monitor, and all the streaming programs on my second monitor to check the chat and other things. I have them on specific sections of the screen.

I know I can do this all manually, but there are times where I accidentally alt+tab and it places one window above the other, blocking it which forces me to rearrange it, and it also consumes time when I am setting up the stream.

Here is a screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/3jPlGLB.jpg

1N07

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Alt tabbing shouldn't move the windows though...
If you have them arranged on your second monitor and then press alt+tab in-game on your main monitor, the focus should just switch to the next window(Which would be on the second monitor). It shouldn't move them anywhere....

Right click the taskbar and choose arrange side by side. That should help you.

powerhour

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
You're right, it doesn't move it, but when I alt+tab there are times where it will go ontop of the "desktop" option which minimizes everything, then I have to click them in the taskbar in the correct order or it will place a larger one ontop of a smaller window.

powerhour

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I tried aquasnap, but when i close the programs, and reopen it, I have to manually set their location again.

I'll try to describe in detail the kind of program I am looking for.

I want a program that will allow me to add a process to a list where I can modify it's size, and specific desktop location, whether it be in the corner or in the middle of the screen. Let's say if I add 7 processes to the list, I can modify and change their size and location to how I customized them individually. Lets say if I accidentally resized or moved a process, then the program can also rearrange all 7 processes back to how I set it with a simple click of a button. It is light-weight, low memory usage.

Another feature would be to set the specific layer of the process, so the program puts one process window above another.

It should also save all the locations and sizes.

1N07

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

Well of course. If you close the programs, I don't think there are any programs that can remember the previous positions. It's not that it can't be done, but it's not really something ever asked before, I don't think.
Just minimize them instead of closing when you can.

The best option would probably be to just get a third monitor.