n00btvrepair

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
i have a Samsung smart t.v. it went out after a storm. the power cable was plugged into a surge protector but the cable was not. now the power light does not come on. the outlet works I have a different t.v. plugged in there atm. the closest I found to a fuse on what I think is the power supply. the number on the board is 15AH250V. I found one on ebay but it is 15a not 15ah. would the "h" make any difference?
ebay

t.v. photos:

model

board

fuse

Solution
The H doesn't matter but if you blew a 15a fuse ( a very high value) there is a very good chance that the set is gone.
A tech wouldn't just change the fuse he would power the set up with a variac that would bring the ac voltage up slowly while monitoring the current drawn to make sure more damage wasn't done..
The H doesn't matter but if you blew a 15a fuse ( a very high value) there is a very good chance that the set is gone.
A tech wouldn't just change the fuse he would power the set up with a variac that would bring the ac voltage up slowly while monitoring the current drawn to make sure more damage wasn't done..

Solution