soldered fuse (television)

n00btvrepair

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
i have a Samsung smart t.v. it went out after a storm. the power cable was plugged into a surge protector but the cable was not. now the power light does not come on. the outlet works I have a different t.v. plugged in there atm. the closest I found to a fuse on what I think is the power supply. the number on the board is 15AH250V. I found one on ebay but it is 15a not 15ah. would the "h" make any difference?
ebay

t.v. photos:

model

board

fuse

The H doesn't matter but if you blew a 15a fuse ( a very high value) there is a very good chance that the set is gone.
A tech wouldn't just change the fuse he would power the set up with a variac that would bring the ac voltage up slowly while monitoring the current drawn to make sure more damage wasn't done..

The H doesn't matter but if you blew a 15a fuse ( a very high value) there is a very good chance that the set is gone.
A tech wouldn't just change the fuse he would power the set up with a variac that would bring the ac voltage up slowly while monitoring the current drawn to make sure more damage wasn't done..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BamaFan74 Streaming Video & TVs 0
Hexa Fox Streaming Video & TVs 4
C Streaming Video & TVs 0
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 1