Solution Real/Random Tabs Opening

Meeqs

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Yesterday I downloaded (torrented) something from a website I use occasionally and I used BitTorrent to install the file. A short while later my Norton started going crazy and I received constant notifications that files/websites were being blocked and it didn't take me long to realize it was connected to something called Solution Real which apparently is like a fake ad blocker or something along those lines. I couldn't delete the file because I was apparently running the program so I tried ending any programs linked to Solution Real in my task manager and they would close but quickly pop up within seconds of being terminated.

So I did some research and was told to install AdwCleaner which I did, I restarted my computer and that did essentially nothing. Then I installed MalwareBytes which did actually delete all the files linked to Solution Real, however, I'm still getting random tabs opening whenever I click on a link/website (any website, ie: Youtube or Twitch). Some of the pages appear to be broken links too that lead me to nothing but a blank page with randomly colored blocks or whatever. I'm also receiving notifications from MalwareBytes saying that malicious websites are being blocked by the domain of jsl.infostatsvc.com and api.solutionreal.com constantly (anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes).

Any info on how to get rid of these "websites" and random ads/tabs popping up? Considering these are linked to my web browser, would a simple cache clear be enough or no?

Thanks in advance.

ethan6006x

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
I had the same thing happening. I tried Scanning the computer with an antivirus i had and Malware bytes, When i got back it seemed that it worked, but then it opened again. What i did was check my scheduled tasks. One of them was suspicious to me, since it had to do with my Browser (Chrome), So i ran it, and it was the thing causing spam tabs, So then i ended it, and it seemed to be working. So uh, i advice you to look trough your scheduled tasks, and see if there is anything suspicious, i hope this worked for you!

Though at this time you probably already fixed it.