SOLVED - Help! Fast! I can't find Toshiba ACPI Common Modules (TVALD) for my Toshiba laptop!

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Hi, I have a much older Toshiba Satellite A105-S2021, and I have looked everywhere on the Toshiba website for the Toshiba ACPI Common Modules thing for my laptop. I can find the Toshiba ACPI Common Modules but my particular model (S2021) is not listed in any of them! Not one! Can you please help me out here?

Without that program or whatever it is, I can't use the other Toshiba utilities!

Please reply soon! Thanks!

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

Yeah, but Toshiba still has the support page and drivers for the laptop, I just can't find this one particular thing that lists my particular model. I mean I can find several of them, and lots of them have similar models, but not my exact model is listed! S2021.

EdgeT

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Googling it would be the safest solution, altho you can try the drivers from another model, that's closest to yours. But if it's old, your battery should already be dead, and older PCs don't exactly have the best power management out there (talking about on-the-fly underclocking and stuff), so I doubt it's that important.

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

Actually lol, the battery is still alive. :D However I'm more concerned about the Hotkeys and the Touchpad Enable/Disable button not working without this! Do you think that if I use one from a similar model that it will work?

EdgeT

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
It COULD work, yeah. A lot of models share some components. Check if the motherboard's the same, then it should safely work. But I strongly suggest Googling the right drivers first, cuz if you force install an incompatible driver, it can kill your motherboard.

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

I have goggled this however I cannot find this thing for my model. However on the Toshiba site, there are some ACPI Common Modules that claim to work with the A105-S2101 and A105-S2121. Mine is the A105-S2021. Is it possible this could work?

EdgeT

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Could be, I dunno. Try finding the closest to yours, but if it doesn't accept it, don't try to force it, just try another one. Or mail Toshiba so they can send it to you.

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

Okay, thank you!