[SOLVED] Programs unable to open browser window

Status
Not open for further replies.

space55

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Hello!

So, as of late, when I try to open a window by clicking on a link in an external program (such as signing into Youtube in Adobe's Premiere Pro, or in my email client which I'm forced to use), it refuses to open. Straight up doesn't happen. I know it's a security error, because when I tried to open a link in a program that had a console running, it said that there was a security error when trying to open a window. Sort of like the painful shell script error on Macs where you don't have permission to execute the file, but in this case it's for programs. Could it be a setting, or could it be my AV (I'm using Eset Smart Security & Spybot S&D software).

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, thought it was a security an issue and so put it there.

Lumia925

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
If you're using Windows 8.1, go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs.
Select your browser in left hand pane, and then click "set this program as default".
This will make Windows always open every internet link using that browser, no matter where the link originated from.

Status
Not open for further replies.