[SOLVED] Tablet anomalies on-screen?

VirusWar

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Hello,
straight to the question, Tablet Asus MeMo Pad 7 is my tablet, and since this morning it had weird glitches happening on its display.
https://youtu.be/9dmG6dhzbFE
Here's the video, sorry about the quality, but I dont have anything better to record with and I cant really explain the problem very well.
As you can see, the stripes appear on all white background but they don't on the status bar when you swipe down, as you can see in one point of the video.
I really don't know why its happening and if someone could tell me is this a hardware connection problem to the display or is something about to die inside?
If any more info needed, ask.

Thanks.

PS: Have no idea where to put this, if wrong topic, inform me.

Solution
Well, depending on how old your tablet is, you may want to return it or have them fix it, if it is still under warranty that is. If it is not, then you are going to have to look into a few possible reasons. If you feel comfortable, you can do it yourself, or take it to a local tech and pay to have it done.

This sounds like a defective/damaged screen, or a loose connector on the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard.

This can happen if you have dropped it, the gray lines will appear. It can also happen if you were replacing the battery, or doing other work inside the device, and did not secure the ribbon cable well. It's possible for it to occur during normal everyday use, but it usually happens a repair being done on...
Well, depending on how old your tablet is, you may want to return it or have them fix it, if it is still under warranty that is. If it is not, then you are going to have to look into a few possible reasons. If you feel comfortable, you can do it yourself, or take it to a local tech and pay to have it done.

This sounds like a defective/damaged screen, or a loose connector on the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard.

This can happen if you have dropped it, the gray lines will appear. It can also happen if you were replacing the battery, or doing other work inside the device, and did not secure the ribbon cable well. It's possible for it to occur during normal everyday use, but it usually happens a repair being done on the tablet.

The only way to fix this, if it is a loose connector, is to take the open the tablet up and push the LCD screen connector all the way into the port. Also make sure there is nothing inside hindering the connection. Dust, dirt, etc.

Note: In doing this repair, there's no need to remove the battery. Just remove the back cover of the tablet, re-insert the LCD screen connector, making sure to push it in all the way. Once it is good and secure, replace the back cover of the tablet.

Just be careful when removing the cover, so as to not damage anything, and also when you have it open.

If this is not the problem, then the screen may actually need replacing.

Solution

VirusWar

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
I have no idea how it could have been plugged out, but when i opened it, I literally touched the cable, didn't even push it or anything, just touched it, the screen flickered once and now its all normal again. o.o
Oh well, luckily it wasn't anything serious.
Thanks again.