Some Headphones missing lows on Soundcard

Mitchell Robinson

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Hi guys,

Weird problem.

Just installed my Asus Xonar DG soundcard and took the PC to a friends to LAN. I was telling them about the soundcard and they all wanted to put their headphones onto the card to see how it compared. However, a few of the headsets provided strange results. My Sennheisers work fine on the card, but my friends Astro's and Monsters sound a lot quieter and have massively drowned out lows (Imagine the sound of some really cheap earbuds for like a buck).

I even went into my sound settings and changed all the settings around to make sure they were correct, i even tried some other settings, but still nothing changed.

Would love to know if there is an easy fix for this. I'm a bit worried because i just ordered some expensive headphones and dont want the same result.

Thanks

Solution
All headphones have different sensitivities, and impedances. Drop of low frequencies is probably due to an impedance mismatch.
If you are really serious about headphones you should buy a dedicated headphone amplifier, preferably one that is a Class A amplifier design.

Kursun

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
All headphones have different sensitivities, and impedances. Drop of low frequencies is probably due to an impedance mismatch.
If you are really serious about headphones you should buy a dedicated headphone amplifier, preferably one that is a Class A amplifier design.

Solution