Question Some laptop keys sometime don't work

Sep 8, 2020
Hi everybody,
I have a problem and I can't wrap my head around it.
Sometimes the "t" "y" "o" Keys of my asus laptop don't work. what I mean is that sometime I press those keys and noting gets registered. I have to press them 3 or 4 times or even keep pressing them before the letter gets printed to the screen.
This started happening maybe two-three weeks ago.

I have already tried updating the driver and widows says I'm on the latest driver.

Additional info: I noticed that the mentioned keys don't behave properly when their general area is hot (because the laptop is under stress) .

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

The laptop is 5-6 years old but it's still running really good and it would be a bummer having to buy an external keyboard

Sep 8, 2020
try cleaning the keyboard key´s contacts
eventually the connection between keyboard and motherboard is not connected well anymore: disconnect the connection and reconnect it deeply again.

Already tried it two days ago unfortunately, I've taken it apart and deep cleaned everything, now it runs smoother and cooler, but still nothing changed from the keyboard side.

I'm now wondering if it may be a software problem since the keyboard tends to behave properly while using VS Code and then stops working while using the browser

Sep 8, 2020
Unfortunately I now believe it's the hardware at fault. I've installed a dual boot linux, and the problem persisted in a whole other OS. Furthermore, I'm now writing with an external keyboard and all the keys are working correctly. Thanks anyways guys