Solved! Some of the screws of my laptop have fallen out

Jun 30, 2021
I have an ACER Aspire 5 A514-54. After like 2 weeks of having it, screws started randomly dropping out every now and then. Am down like 4 or 5 screws at this point, and the corner of my laptop is beginning to open up. I need to buy replacements but dont know which screws fit it. Also, theres something inside the laptop, when I move it around I can hear something moving inside.

Solution
You can order screws from Amazon. The problem is finding the proper size. If you have a repair shop near by, they probably have a stock of screws. If you can find the service manual for your machine (many are available on line), it may list the sizes. Also, I have seen some machines that have the sizes stamped on the back cover.

If you can hear something rattling around inside, that could be a problem if it's metal. If it follows against a chip and shorts something out, that could be bad.
Jun 30, 2021
If it's new it should still be under warranty. I would send it back.

Did you take it apart at some time?
no its not new, its been i think nearly a year, so warranty is still on. i just dont want the hassle of sending it back, i just need to find the screws it holds so i can fix it.

You can order screws from Amazon. The problem is finding the proper size. If you have a repair shop near by, they probably have a stock of screws. If you can find the service manual for your machine (many are available on line), it may list the sizes. Also, I have seen some machines that have the sizes stamped on the back cover.

If you can hear something rattling around inside, that could be a problem if it's metal. If it follows against a chip and shorts something out, that could be bad.

Solution