Some questions on the Dell Latitude E6420...

kingneptune117

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Hey guys, I am really interested in this new notebook and have a few questions...

First of all, there is an option for an HD+ screen, which has a resolution of 1600x900 I think. The way it normally is, it has a resolution of 1366 x 768. Just wondering if it will make that big of a difference that it is worth paying an extra 80 bucks for.

Also, is Dell a trustworthy brand? If this laptop craps out for whatever reason, can I trust them to treat me like a valued customer and replace it for me/fix it. Anyone have any good/experiences with the brand?

Lastly, does anyone here have this particular notebook? If so how do you like it?

Thanks all.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
As for the display resolution - absolutely worth it. web pages and other items fit much better on the display, unless you have eyesight issues where you need things oversized.

as for dell- it depends. if you make sure you have the on site warranty or completeCare, they hop right to it. for mail in service.. not so much.
I have found that like just about any other notebook, for non-hardware issues you can just ask around and likely get the answer faster .

cheerios17

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011

Dell USE to be good, not anymore as far as their technical support. Its all based out of India and the Phillipeans now and they really dont answer your questions completely or accurately. They screwed me out of 2K last year by sending me the wrong laptop and I never saw my money returned. I found out it would cost me more to take them to court than to just keep the laptop they decided to send. SO now Im stuck with a computer that does not work, because today it decided not to start up at all and its had shut down issues from the start. I was a huge fan of Dell computers before they took their company overseas... now they are worthless cheap and my next laptop will be sony or HP but never ever again will I buy anything from Dell.

If you want my opinion buy a Sony or an HP you would be saving yourself money and possibly headaches of being put on hold and getting no where.

cheerios17

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Dell USE to be good, not anymore as far as their technical support. Its all based out of India and the Phillipeans now and they really dont answer your questions completely or accurately. They screwed me out of 2K last year by sending me the wrong laptop and I never saw my money returned. I found out it would cost me more to take them to court than to just keep the laptop they decided to send. SO now Im stuck with a computer that does not work, because today it decided not to start up at all and its had shut down issues from the start. I was a huge fan of Dell computers before they took their company overseas... now they are worthless cheap and my next laptop will be sony or HP but never ever again will I buy anything from Dell.

If you want my opinion buy a Sony or an HP you would be saving yourself money and possibly headaches of being put on hold and getting no where.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
funny how every time I call for support I get a person in Austin, texas or tulsa, Oklahoma?
and I have never had any issue with getting any problem resolved?

and remember, its just like any other brand, you have to look at particualr model, not brand. and where you got the unit.