sometimes my gpu wont play sound through my tv

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
as the title says and its so weird. i just replaced the hdmi cable and put it in a new port on the tv, it worked the exact same(hit or miss) with the old cable and old port on the tv. when i have teamspeak open and i switch my default playback device to my tv sound wont come out, if i close teamspeak sound will come out, then today when i had everything closed i tried to play a movie and it wouldnt play through my tv again but would work with my headphones if i set my headphones as my default device. the audio has worked every time with the dvi cable port on my other tv when i use a dvi to hdmi adapter, i just dont understand what could be the issue since its so random, when i get the audio working it will play fine for hours and hours with 0 issue.

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

gigabyte g1 gtx 970.
yes and ive tried it with various driver versions and they all do the same thing

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
tonight i couldnt get audio during my movie so i switched from the hdmi port on my graphics card and used my dvi to hdmi adapter and it worked again. im starting to suspect the port on the card.