Solved! Sony Bravia EX400 Strange lines?

shirokuku

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
First I will show everyone this image which shows what my problem is and maybe someone will know what this is or if i can get it fixed?

214txyw.jpg

Taken on my phone right now because didn't really want to bust out the camera for a quick shot.

Anyways even though it's a bad quality picture you can hopefully notice the sort of "arches" of grey on the black loading screen. At least the first 2 are noticeable there is a third at the bottom.

On most pictures you can't barely notice, but dark movie scenes and such it REALLY stands out. So I did get some sort of coverage on this. It was about 50$ or so standard 2 yr. coverage.

But my Sony store is a few hours away and before I called and looked silly i wanted to know if this is something they could replace or not.

Any input would be highly appreciated!! :)

Solution
You probably want to back your backlight level down 10 or 20%. It's common to see this in Sony's. Some people see a rough "X" or a parabola shape, but typically it's attributed to Sony cranking the backlight too high on the Vivid setting.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
You probably want to back your backlight level down 10 or 20%. It's common to see this in Sony's. Some people see a rough "X" or a parabola shape, but typically it's attributed to Sony cranking the backlight too high on the Vivid setting.

Solution