Sony CEO: Sorry, No PS3 Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
ill be the first to say it

BULLLSHITTT

remember when they were denying claims of a new psp? what about ps3 slim[its pretty confirmed]? they are doing what any good company would do to sell their products... lie.

dragonsmacker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
If they do not do a price cut soon.... I have no reason to buy it. It is overpriced, especially in today's market. I'll hold out until the end of August or so, then I'll get an Xbox 360.

nobrainer

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2002
Why would they say yes - we are cutting the price..? then all sales (as dismal as they are)would dry up now... not a good business model.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Consoles suck. The trend from game makers has been to try to force us PC gamers to switch to idiot consoles with no patchability or moddability. Add to that the outrageous $60+ console game prices and the outdated technology and what do you have? A $400 paper weight. For $400, I can get a decent computer that can do so much more than a console.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]JWL3[/nom]For $400, I can get a decent computer that can do so much more than a console.[/citation]

ok. provide those specs please. case, psu, cpu,gpu, motherboard, fans, cpu cooler. p.s. games can be patched on consoles. derp derp.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
No price cut? No sale.

I partially agree with you JWL3, that you can build a decent PC for the price of the PS3- sans Blu-Ray drive (if you even cared about that). The problem is that so few companies still make games for the PC that we're forced to stick with consoles if you want to do gaming.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Yes, tell people to hold off till later to buy a PS3... sounds good... LOL. Of course he's going to deny it.

But instead of dropping the prices on the PS3, they should just drop the prices on games and blu-ray movies. If PS3 games are even just $5 cheaper than their XBOX counter parts, a lot more people would by the PS3. And if blu-ray movies prices dropped $5-$10, a lot more people would want a blu-ray player, and the PS3 is the best for the money as a blu-ray player - not the best blu-ray player nor is it the most efficient.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
It still remains that if you just build a HTPC with a decent dual core and a good graphics card (mine has a G92 8800 GTS) you get the best of every world. Media, Gaming, Upgradeable. Add to that an xbox 360 controller, and you are in good shape.

seraphimcaduto

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
As a console gamer for the past 15 years, it doesn't make sense to buy the PS3 for $400 when I can get a $60 blue-ray player for the PC. Yes I know that you still need software to play the movies, but you get my point?

chattdls

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
duckmanx88 07/08/2009 5:57 PM Hide Insert quote. Report -1+

JWL3 :

For $400, I can get a decent computer that can do so much more than a console.

ok. provide those specs please. case, psu, cpu,gpu, motherboard, fans, cpu cooler. p.s. games can be patched on consoles. derp derp.

here's a link for some cheap custom builds.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?page=2&Nav=|c:332|&Sort=4&Recs=10
you add a video card like a 4850. and you are right at 400 bucks.

Ogdin

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Those computers you linked whooped major butt.......3 years ago.Sure they can do more than a console,but would you game on one? I know i wouldn't.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
First they have to clear out inventory of the existing PS3s. If they put a price cut on those now they will loose more money. Once inventories of the old PS3 are low then they will introduce the Slim at a reduced price point.

chattdls

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I did say cheap and yes you can still game on those it only takes decent clocked cpu and average to above average Gpu for you game to play and look decent. As far resolution you are on your own but the 4850 is no punk.

G

Good for them. I have a wii (yeah I was stupid), and a 360. I would easily buy a PS3 with a price cut. If they don't cut it, I don't buy it...it's that simple. Their loss in the end. I can get 99% of my games on the 360 anyway, but I would have like a PS3 also. These guys are pretty business stupid.

Hope your ego helps your bottom line! There is no way I will buy one till the price drops.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
i don't care anymore i was able to finally scrounge up enough cash to buy it ans if you really want it then anyone else can too. i have no regrets about buying the PS3 and is worth the $400.00 i spent for it.

I came to the conclusion to spend the extra $200.00 for a reliable console then spend $200.00 on a 360 where i would have had to buy an add-on for wifi and pay 50 bucks a year just to get online and then after spending that cash have it red ring on me after 2 months

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Ogdin[/nom]And from what i hear about xbox fail rates you'll probably need both.[/citation]

To be fair, Microsoft is pretty good about repairing them. Its an inconvenience but its not like you're out $300 or anything. I had mine for just shy of 3 years before it failed. It was bound to happen but considering I got another one for free within 5 days I'm not complaining. Ive really gotten my money's worth out of it so far.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
yea pretty much LOL with how high the fail rates are im surprised the stores do not sell bundles giving you 2 xbox 360's for the price of $400.00. hey it would be good for the store clerks all they have to do is say "trust me! you need the spare"

Status
Not open for further replies.