Sony Details PSN 'Customer Appreciation' Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Yey, I believed in Sony... by not shooting my ps3 with a bb gun. Now the hackers have even more reason to do it again. Awww poor poor Sonny. What would we do without you!!! Play xbox? lol

G

I believe these games are kinda old and they should be offering at least a new game in the mix. But o well free games.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I think anyone complaining about what Sony is doing for compensation needs to leave PSN behind and go to something else. While I might not like Sony, what they are doing is at least making up for the lost time.

Superwack

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
It was free to begin with... and now I get more free stuff? o.0

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

Nobody's perfect. Good job Sony.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I've definitely gone back into my PC roots. This downtime just pushed me even more into it. While I do like the freebies, I'm not sure if I'll be buying any more ps3 games,ever, not with 7 p.c.'s.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I do have give Sony one brownie point for best effort in making most people happy. However, in wake of this mess we will not forget of what happened and will be more careful of how we give out information in the future.

Darkk

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Hells yes. That ordeal was a huge pain, to put it as nicely as humanly possible, but this is still cool since I never got to play Infamous.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]I've definitely gone back into my PC roots. This downtime just pushed me even more into it. While I do like the freebies, I'm not sure if I'll be buying any more ps3 games,ever, not with 7 p.c.'s.[/citation]

Me too...
Looked over my shelf and found PC game BattleZone 2 (1998). Got it working on Win7 x64, two machines. My son and I have been playing. Free & fun. No gaming console involved.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I found myself playing XBOX and PC more.....Wait, I never played ps3 online ever anyways. Guess ill go get my free games....No wait, id rather keep my 300 snes games on there and my CFW. Sony really got the belt didn't they. I'm not sure if they are going to come back on CFW makers with a vengeance now or back off alittle. It's in there best interest to back off, besides people with CFW make up like less the 1% of the market anyways.

G

TOO LITTLE TO LATE.... All five games free might have made up for the outage or at least two from a better selection.
What would really make up for it? Restore the Other OS feature and every other feature they removed. How about giving me back the option to hide that annoying information board.
Until you start giving back what you took away, disgruntled customers (the hackers) will just continue to attack your network. Personally, I hope they do it again and again and again until Sony says "holly crap, lets just restore the system back to what we originally promised the consumers"..... until then, DOWN WITH SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

I'm not happy with the selection but it seems like a generous offer none the less. Infamous is cool. I already have Little Big Planet. The other games look like garbage. I was hoping they would offer Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty. Come on Sony, what d'ya say?

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I like that Sony did at least offer a couple decent games (I was expecting all $5 games), although offering 2 from a larger list with a few more good games would have been nice. I wouldn't have minded something like 20 bucks free for the psn store though on top of the other stuff.

As far how I feel about the perk package, I have mixed feelings. Mainly because its a little offensive that it seems ok that you can make such a huge error (not fixing a known issue and loosing 100 million users personal information) and basically just saying sorry and bribing the users to be happy with them again. I also realize that you cant go back and change what happened and that its to late, but hopefully they have learned from their mistake.

I do seem to feel like there is a lack of something though, 2 free games (4 if you own a psp), and free services for 30 days seems a little lack luster. It feels like there should be more...

G

idk about the handling aspect.
i say it'd be nice for such a large corporation to have something better than gameboy level security to begin with. the outage & account hacking should have never happened. as to the appreciation bit, i would like to have seen sony say "here. $60. free & clear psn money. do what you like." give users a chance to pick what they'd like to play (cant tell you how many games id have liked to play but said "im not giving you $15 for that" or "$10? what if it sucks & i never play it again? afterbuner, topgun...?") what about people who already have the games they're offering? so they get stiffed for having payed their money & having faith in a corporation (i know, fail anyhow, right) still? What thanks is it to them?
i'd like to snag infamous, sure. but itd be awesome to get it & still have a bit left over for say those a-- gouging map packs...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Are these freebies enough to pacify you, or are you still angry at the way Sony handled the disruption to service?

Jane, Jane, Jane... PSN being down for a period of time isn't where the majority of discontent should come from. The leak of consumer personal information is the real issue. While kids and teenagers may be more upset at the disruption of service any reasonable adult is now worried about the leak.

While I personally do not have a PS3 nor wish to own one, I certainly would not be happy with such compensation its a silly question to ask Jane. If I posted everything about you in this post perhaps even your credit card #'s and then turned around and offered you a few free video games would you be okay with that?

G

how about for Middle Eastern users, aren't we able to get any freebies??

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Why does the network being free mean we should be OK with substandard services? Much of the content is not free, and micro-transactions abound. This is the business model Sony has taken and does not mean they are free to let known weaknesses remain on their servers and not encrypt the data.

I won't stop using the PSN, but it is a reminder for me to be more secretive with my data online.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Like I have said in previous posts; at least Sony is offering compensation. Sure, their network was (probably) not up to scratch. Yes, they probably didn't need to alienate the hacker community. But at least Sony is reimbursing customers - you don't see many corporations doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.