Sony Pulls Support for Video of Exploding Children

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
This campaign is idiotic. I like the exploding people though, but this is supposed to win support for climate change action... it just seems like an effort was made to have a completely opposite effect...

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]guardianangel42[/nom]I honestly don't believe these geologists when they say that global warming... oh wait, it's climate change now huh?[/citation]

Uhhh...global warming and climate change are terms for the same theory. One is used by disbelievers, the other by scientists.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
errr if u don't do it you will die? what kind of no pressure is that ?

This commercial is just totally stupid.

Lets just hope that this commercial will not send the "wrong" message out to those eco-freaks and make them thought that the "easiest" way to lower carbon emission is to blow/kill humans ...

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]alexinnes[/nom]i thought this video was great. I dont think they were taking it too far, it was just fun[/citation]
this video is hillarious! LOL!

I don't see the problem with it, other than some people might look at it too seriously.

It was a very well done short film, I bet anything that the same jerks that are crying about this film, they also enjoy movies like
SAW, Hostel etc... but this little short,nooooo too many tomatoes blown up!

G

Haha! Brilliant! I'm guessing none of the above detractors are British. It's a British commercial and it's meant to appeal to that sense of humour. If you think that it's trying to give the idea that if you don't support climate change then they'll kill you, you've totally misunderstood that it's saying the opposite.

Besides, exploding children are just bloody funny.

mresseguie

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I'm not too old to appreciate the attempt at humor, but I'm not too ignorant to recognize this for what it is: intolerance. Anyone know history? Hitler's brown shirts, Stalin's communism, Cambodia's killing fields, etc. are all 'cosponsors' of this film. A mere three examples of humans' inability to allow dissent.

If there were a little red button for the people responsible for this video, what would they have chosen to do?

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
What a disgrace. Terrible idea. Disgusting and twisted visualization. Really just sad.

The video is not only cringe-worthy but also so offensive I fail to see the point of it. I'm not going to go as far as some others have comparing the video-makers with Hitler (a classic asinine maneuver)but I will say that the video doesn't do its job and all I'm thinking of right now is my dislike for the organization and not at all about environmental conservation.

G

For all of you that that think this is funny, or not bad are missing the point that this is really what the green movement believes. Disagree with them go to jail, be reeducated, be killed. It has been in the their speeches, now on TV. It is not funny, it is scary..

G

HAHAHA that last pop was the best, almost silent, kinda muffled pOp!!

Not the correct message at all about 10.10, but I enjoyed the video, really!!

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]Uhhh...global warming and climate change are terms for the same theory. One is used by disbelievers, the other by scientists.[/citation]
no. When the global average temp went down almost 1 degree in 12 years the NY times I think it was paid ALGORE 50,000 dollars to start calling "global warming" "climate change".

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
it was a good video, they did something to stand out from the other videos, they kept it interesting and entertaining while clearly getting their point across.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]its called black comedy, and for something like this, its appropriate. how many times have you seen this global (anything) bs, that you dont even hear it anymore?that being said, anyone here think "climate change" is really? so you all know, climate change is the new term for global warming, which has been proven to be bullshit, however un scientists that said that were kicked out of the study and replaced with politicians to say whatever the un wanted them to say. if there is anything that they should do, they should have a fact, a 75watt lightbulb over the coarse of a year costs 648kwatts worth of power, (71$ where i live) or use a 7 watt led light bulb that costs 7$ a year, per light (this is assumeing 24 hours the light is on, it is possible its 1/4 that cost) showing that going green can save you a metric fuck ton of money a year would be the better thing to do that attempting to scare you[/citation]
I like your message more.
I buy $5 light bulbs instead of $1 light bulbs for a reason.
Then again, I'm sure a i7 920 at 3.5GHz and a 5830 with five 7200RPM hard drives and three 23" monitors aren't the most environmentally friendly mix...
But I do have it set to automatically go into sleep mode!

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
One of those situations where an anti produced a fake pro video, perhaps?

Whatever, most modern entertainment movies blow up far more people, including movies made by Sony. Their hypocrisy is appalling.

erictaneda2

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
This is obviously religious fanaticism, no different from any other, under a thin veneer of nihilism and "humor", but serious under the cover. The message is clear: We have our divine truth, and anyone who does not "see" our truth, are enemies to be liquidated with no second thought. Religious fanatism comes in all different flavors, and it is not a "right" or "left" issue. People who want to live in a civilization, have to find a way to cooperate to expose religious fanaticism of all flavors, for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.