Sony Pulls Support for Video of Exploding Children

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
That video is just plain sick and twisted! Should Tom's Hardware even be linking to that video? How could anybody be entertained by such disgusting and tasteless violence? Sometimes humanity certainly disappointed me!

:: Goes back to playing Gears of War 3 ::

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I seem to have taken the message of the advertisements the exact opposite way of those whom are offended by it. I took it those in the power positions did not really represent people but rather the effects that global climate change will bring which can lead to unnecessary death as it can be avoided. The people stared the problem in the face and some chosen to ignore it anyways causing devastating effects.

I wasn't offended at all by it. If we do not take action against global climate changes that are man made we will no doubt eventually see human causalities which will include men, women, and children of all walks of life.

I suppose a better method to getting this point across more clearly would have had random people blow up not just those who said they wouldn't change their ways. This would also represent a much more realistic view on the consequences. Of course I am sure many would just be offended simply by the blowing up of kids and people however those who are are unable to begin to see the message and have a hard time deciphering the meaning of art. Those people should not be catered to.

G

Will overconsumption of natures resourses lead to death?
By you not conserving energy and other unnessesary consumptiom..
Anyone against conserving resourses will that lead to more death!?

I love the Irony in this commersial it's so black.

It's not suitable for children, but children should know how to conserve resourses from their parents..!

Bartendalot

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Let's revisit this topic after this winter. If climate change isn't real than this will be a normal winter, right? Just like this past summer was normal?

Right?

(I'm scared)

Bartendalot

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Let's revisit this topic after this winter. If climate change isn't real than this will be a normal winter, right? Just like this past summer was normal?

Right?

(I'm scared)

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
HERETIC! KILL THE UN-BELIEVERS! BURN KILL PERSECUTE!

- with apologies to Monty Python's The Life of Brian.

Good on Sony for taking a stance. I do what I can to reduce my ecological footprint because I UNDERSTAND the science - probably better than they do! I don't need a bunch of eco-fascists and their not-so-subtle death threats against anyone who doesn't subscribe verbatim to their dogma. Managing our impact on the environment over the long-term is both necessary and sensible, not just in terms of climate change but also conserving biodiversity and hundreds of other environmental issues that have been swept under the carpet over the last decade where the debate has been skewed to ignore anything that isn't about CO2. Using the best scientific evidence available to make sensible long-term plans is good. Project 2010 is a short-term gimmick and this video males me want nothing to do this these crazy fundamentalist terrorists.

Fusion777

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
They want their message heard and attention spans are short. Sadly, but accurately, they decided this was a way to hold people's attention. A sickly, weakly conceived meme. You could argue this is black comedy, but being quite a fan of actual black comedy myself (the movie Brazil, anyone?) - I would say labeling this video as such merely gives the genre a bad name. In other words it's not funny, black humor or not, and I don't think I'm projecting too much onto the video to suggest an overt hostility channeled by its creators. But, to come full circle, they did achieve their goals:

1. Hold my interest for x amount of time
2. Get me to hear their message
3. Get me to talk about it
4. Remind me of what 10/10 is being touted as this year

So good for them , I guess

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
what the hell, are they studpi? Sony sucks......
theres no global warming, thats made for low IQ ppl.

Stupid movie, no1 will ever "explode" from "carbon emmisions, and by the way, humans are made out of CARBON...........................i`ll make sure to increase my "emission" by 10%.
Fruck you and global warming, Nature can handle us dont worry.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Instead of genocide, we could just start reforesting deforested areas, and planting more trees in general...they are great carbon sinks!!!

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
only a sicko-psycho mind can conceive of such a concept for a good-cause movie. he got his training from Al Queda under Bin Laden's tutelage?

Status
Not open for further replies.