Sony Releases PS3 Firmware 3.40 and PSN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Yes almost any psn user would've noticed the update yesterday if they logged in.

Also one more thing to add. There is a new automatic download feature which is added in the system settings as well which has a gold/yellow "plus" icon added to it.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Also an added note: with the new automatic update setting; the description states for automatic downloading of updates, patches etc. recommended by psn in which you can leave it on for automatic downloads or off.

The automatic system update still remains at the top of the settings column in the XMB menu.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I just downloaded this. I appreciate the power saving features because sometimes someone TURNS on the PS3 w/o knowing and it be left on for DAYS fkin GG

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]wintermint[/nom]I just downloaded this. I appreciate the power saving features because sometimes someone TURNS on the PS3 w/o knowing and it be left on for DAYS fkin GG[/citation]

Yah auto-off feature is great when running folding@home on ps3 or downloading games etc or forgetting to turn it off.

But that feature was introduced many firmware releases ago.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
is picasas the upgraded version of picasa?

this is not really an upgrade, is just a force down your throat add-on and I personally can't care less about playstation "plus".

as I have said before I rarely play online and any price higher than FREE and I won't play online at all.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
The update was welcome. I like the added features including PS Plus. The Star rating system, someone should have thought of that before(on consoles).

And Wow. Did any of you people complaining even use LInux....no I didn't think so. And as for PS2 support, who plays PS2 games anymore. You griping to be griping.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]slickyfats[/nom]The update was welcome. I like the added features including PS Plus. The Star rating system, someone should have thought of that before(on consoles).And Wow. Did any of you people complaining even use LInux....no I didn't think so. And as for PS2 support, who plays PS2 games anymore. You griping to be griping.[/citation]

I agree this is a welcome update and the PSN plus can be good in the long run.
Since I never thought about running Linux on my PS3 80G, so lossing it is not my concern.

Regarding to the PS2 backward support... I do have that on my PS3 but I have to admit that the last time I played PS2 game on my PS3 is about a year ago and I currently do not have any interest to play any of my PS2 games. However, since SONY are pushing those old PSone game back to PS3, PS2 support should still have quite a big market there. I guess I will not see the light of PS2 support untill SONY stops selling new PS2.

back to PSN plus... I did give it a try. So far... it is ok.. I have not found much interests in this months' free/discounted stuffs. I will give it couple more months and I will know more about my feeling of the PSN plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.