Sony Reveals New PS3 for Japanese Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]kikireeki[/nom]I thought that Nintendo is the only company that suffers from Remake fever![/citation]
Apparently not

G

Sony is preparing
17.gif
a leaner, lighter, more efficient version of the PlayStation 3 Slim for Japanese gamers. Joystiq reports that the new console, codenamed CECH-3000B, was announced by Sony Japan this past weekend and boasts the same charcoal black exterior, but a decreased power consumption (200W vs 230W), a lightened chassis (5.7 pounds as opposed to 6.6 pounds) and a 320GB HDD. There’s also some minor cosmetic changes to the power and eject buttons. Pricing remains the same at ¥34,980.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
i still dont have a ps3. i still want to buy a ps3 despite all the hacking news lately.

less power usage consumption is very welcome.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So a die shrink of the by todays PC standards ancient gpu and cpu that makes the chips cheaper to produce, needs less of a power-supply that is cheaper to produce, and needs less cooling that is cheaper to produce and the price remains the same... Nice of em!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
One last punt of the PS3 hardware before next years PS4?

The fact that Nintendo and Microsoft already did the same trick before the next console kinda gives the game away.

Save your cash, if you are a Sony fan the new one will be out next year.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]hok[/nom]Tom's you just wasted 30 seconds of my life i want back...[/citation]
no one forced you to read the article, therefore you did it on your own, so it's not a waste it's and enlightenment, lol

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Consoles are great. All you need is a TV, you hook it up, it takes no space and it plays games great. You take a few friends and play games in the living room.

Computers are nice too, but take more space, usually at a desk with keyboard / mouse. You need a place to use the mouse. It's big, it's cumbersome and a mess of wires. It takes way more effort to hide anything of it from view. You can't just pick it up and play and it's usually only you in the room playing.

So what if consoles have old hardware, computers do too, who's crazy enough to update them every 3 months to get the latest?

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]One last punt of the PS3 hardware before next years PS4?The fact that Nintendo and Microsoft already did the same trick before the next console kinda gives the game away.Save your cash, if you are a Sony fan the new one will be out next year.[/citation]

If so then maybe they're also going to finally kill off the PS2... I mean that has been going in one form or another for what seems like forever! So if PS4 is just around the corner it is probably a bad time to be buying a PS3, but could be the last chance to snatch up a PS2 for retro fans (I guess PS2 probably counts as retro now).

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]If it isnt backwards compatible with the PS2, no one cares...[/citation]

Oh sure its Backward compatible, you just need to pay Sony for the HD remakes :p

Seriously do you expect Sony to give you BC, they make so much money of the HD remakes why bother giving BC? If you want BC they expect you to keep rebuying the PS2.

Expect console fags to be lining up to pay for remakes of PS3 on the PS4 too lol, they will do it in droves.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]Consoles are great. All you need is a TV, you hook it up, it takes no space and it plays games great. You take a few friends and play games in the living room.Computers are nice too, but take more space, usually at a desk with keyboard / mouse. You need a place to use the mouse. It's big, it's cumbersome and a mess of wires. It takes way more effort to hide anything of it from view. You can't just pick it up and play and it's usually only you in the room playing.So what if consoles have old hardware, computers do too, who's crazy enough to update them every 3 months to get the latest?[/citation]

I have a HTPC its actually neater then having a console. I have it equipped with a 5970. So its atleast 10 times more powerful then a console. Consoles are for kids :p

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]I have a HTPC its actually neater then having a console. I have it equipped with a 5970. So its atleast 10 times more powerful then a console. Consoles are for kids[/citation]

That's why you don't have the games console gamers get.

before you say console gamers never get most of the PC titles, sorry console gamers simply don't give a shit, as most of the PC games actually a poor copy of the biggest console games.

and one more thing, last I know I play game cuz it's fun, not because it can throw 15 zillion polygons across the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.