Sony SRS-BTM8 turns off after 15 mins

texintaco

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
my sony speaker will turn off after being plugged in via Ac and running of Aux in. It last for about 15 mins before turning off.

is it broken? or a setting i can disable?

THANKS IN ADANCE
chester

Solution
I realize this is probably a necro-post but after reading the manual I found a section referring to Wired Connection operation. At the very bottom of the section it states "When connected with a source device via a connecting cord... and playback has been stopped for about 20 minutes, the system turns off automatically."

My solution was to turn the source device volume all the way up and then use the SRS-BTM8 to control the actual volume. This fixed my problem. My theory is the audio in jack has a volume threshold while sensing playback. If the volume on the source device is too low, then it assumes playback has stopped. Hopefully this helps someone.
Does it do the same thing when you use the batteries?
If not then the plug in power supply may have a problem. When it's plugged in the speaker will not revert to the batteries so a bad wall wart could be the problem.
If it does then there is something in the speaker that is broken. Manual doesn't mention anything you can set or adjust.

texintaco

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015

it has stoped now

Jereboam

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
I realize this is probably a necro-post but after reading the manual I found a section referring to Wired Connection operation. At the very bottom of the section it states "When connected with a source device via a connecting cord... and playback has been stopped for about 20 minutes, the system turns off automatically."

My solution was to turn the source device volume all the way up and then use the SRS-BTM8 to control the actual volume. This fixed my problem. My theory is the audio in jack has a volume threshold while sensing playback. If the volume on the source device is too low, then it assumes playback has stopped. Hopefully this helps someone.

Solution