Sony vaio pro 13 motherboard upgrade

humza600

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Hello i would like too upgrade my Sony vaio pro 13 motherboard Svp1321m2eb i have found one on ebay from a pro 13 SVP1322C5E i just want too know would it be possible too do a straight swap

Solution
The only sure way to do a motherboard swap in a laptop and know it will work is to replace it with the same model. If the only changes between the two systems are something like a different range of CPU, but the screen type and everything else is the same, it may work.
The only sure way to do a motherboard swap in a laptop and know it will work is to replace it with the same model. If the only changes between the two systems are something like a different range of CPU, but the screen type and everything else is the same, it may work.

Solution

humza600

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

Hello thanks for your reply i have got a updated wifi module and a updated ssd only difference in the motherboard are cpu and ram memory. Both motherboard ares svp132 and both are touchscreen so fingers crossed new board will come on Thursday

Feb 1, 2019

Hi Humza600, did you get to install the new motherboard and did it work OK? Looking to do the same as a cheap upgrade, thanks!